Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The beginning

I don't quite know the reason behind it all quite frankly.

I woke up this morning with the idea of starting this blog. It might prove to be a fun experience since it will be about my birds and not about myself. I have no trouble sharing thoughts, experiences and funny anecdotes about my birds.

Why the title? Seeing how three out of my four pet parrots are members of the Poicephalus family, I find it's fitting. Of course, this will not stop me from sharing things about Piper, my Lovebird.

Overall, I think the purpose of this blog will be to educate, but mostly to share my love of parrots, namely the Poicephalus. Although gaining in popularity, there are still some misconceptions about them out there which sometime scare people away of ever wanting to own one. They are feisty, independent and lovable clowns (some more so than others) and I could not imagine what my life would be like without any of them, Lovebird included.

In the next few days I will be posting about each of the birds.

No comments: