Saturday, March 2, 2013

Heads & growing feathers

Zuri's habit of late has been to hang out on my head - and if I remove him, he's back mere seconds after.

Ultimately, when we are in the orange room, he tried to get to the computer desk and sit in front of me so I can scratch his head. That's cute and all, except that he can be very insistent and want me to do so for a very long time. This can become a problem if 1) I don't pay close enough attention and he tries to bite me or 2) e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is in a "scratch my head" mood and I just don't have enough hands to go around (and that might lead to either small fights amongst the birds or again, my hands getting nipped).

It does look like most of the birds have molted pretty heavily and are growing a large number of new pin feathers, which means they are all very itchy. But they either need to learn to get along and help each other out or learn to take their turn getting their head scratched!

No comments: