After weeks of having to prepare meals each night because we ran out of the food I had prepared in January and I haven't got around to making more, I finally did another batch over the week-end.
The Boy and I were both sick quite a bit during February and early March so the prospect of spending hours during the week-end to prepare food over that time period wasn't really something that I looked forward to, although it would have saved some headache in the evening when it came time to preparing the birds' dinner.
While I'm feeling better, I didn't really want to think too much about what to put into the mix so I kept it to some very standard ingredients.
-Chick peas (or gabanzo beans)
As I mentioned in a post yesterday, the vegetables (all but the kale) were steamed using my steamer. I think I will keep using it for this task from now on.
If I get around to it before I portion and bag this all up, I might cook some brown rice and pearl barley to add to the mix. If not, I think it'll be good as it is, at least for this time.
I can't wait for the summer to be here and for produce to be a bit more abundant and diversified!