Thursday, March 1, 2012

4 years ago..



..Joey joined the family.
4 years - it's hard to believe it's been that long.

March here is a celebratory month of sorts, with Joey's "gotcha date" and three hatchdays to come.

This year, thinking about it, it's been bittersweet so far. The realization that two of these hatchdays will be to celebrate birds turning 7 years old and one 6..and yet, it seems like just yesterday I brought all of them home.

I guess that is all part of growing up!

And now, a few more pictures of the bird who's day this is really about over here.



5 comments:

Allegro The Symphony Within said...

have u trained them to talk? why don't u post a video on them. :)

Natacha said...

I have a YouTube channel for my parrots:

http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady

Joey doesn't say much - basically "Hey Joey!". Not all parrots will want to use human speech and I'm quite ok with it :)

Lauren said...

Wow great shot! Love it!
And happy birthday to Joey =)

Natacha said...

Thanks Lauren!
It wasn't actually his birthday today - that will be later this month. Just celebrated that today marked the day I first got him four years ago :)

Lauren said...

Sorry I misunderstood LoL... So happy 4th year with your mommy Joey ;)