Friday, January 31, 2014

5 years ago


It's that time again! New year means a new round of "gotcha days" and "hatchdays"!

And the first celebration is Zuri's "gotcha day" - and it's a big one! Today marks 5 years since he joined the family. Somehow, it doesn't quite feel like it has been that long.


I think the one thing that has really struck me about Zuri these past few months is how much more cuddly he's become. He used to be quite content to do his own thing, play with whatever was at his disposition, but lately, he wants more than to be around us, he wants to be on me or close enough so that I can scratch his head. His favoured perching spot is now the top of my head. I guess that is leaps and bounds from where we started; yes, he liked me rather quickly (compared to other humans), but he was still a nervous bird for some time after he first came to live with us. He's much more confident now.

He'll be turning 7 later this year, which is really a weird though as it feels like it was yesterday that I brought this "not quite two year old bird" home. And because it's been five years, here is the first picture of us together, taken on his first day home with us.


No comments: