Friday, October 14, 2011

Léa is 5 months old today!

..and she's slowly started to molt out of her baby feathers, just the other day one of her head feathers fell out!



I've read that the coral on the wings and ankles normally come in around 6 months so we have one month or so to go before more colour comes in!

In the mean time, here are some pictures of her at 5 months!





I like how the following two pictures show the iridescence and subtle hues of some of her feathers.





This last one was taken when she apparently had enough of the flash I think and decided to fly onto the camera shortly after...



..and luckily for her, not me, my battery died at that moment meaning no more pictures. However, nothing stopped me from taking some video and I did just so after I gave her a piece of apple to munch on. Notice how she's really just juicing it and spits out the pieces after she's done so!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

She is beautiful! Happy 5 months, Lea :) You're a very lucky little bird.