Saturday, June 19, 2010

Someone likes egg yolk!

One of the things that came out of Pixel's blood work is that she needs a bit more protein in her diet. I've been trying to introduce more in different fashion but she is a bit of a picky eater.

This morning I tried giving her a bit of the egg I cooked for myself (soft boiled). She refused right off the bat, so I proceeded to eat it in front of her, hoping that this would give her an incentive to try it..well, it kinda worked. She didn't want to have much to do with the egg white, although she did nibble on it a bit but she licked the yolk of off the piece clean.

I'm hoping that having her see what the others eat down the line will help her eat other things as well; it has worked so far with some of my birds that didn't want anything to do with fresh foods when I got them. That and being always offered the fresh food.

No comments: