Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New air purifier

I've recently purchased a new air purifier for the birdroom and it arrived yesterday.

Before, I had a Rabbit Air which I love and is in the living room (it's soooo quiet) and I had another kind (not sure of the brand) in the birdroom. This particular air purifier we got off some type of points system. While it did a good job, recently I've started to trust it less since it's been acting up. Cleaning / changing the filters didn't work so it will be retired, or at least moved to the bedroom where it won't have as much to do.

I've said that I loved my Rabbit Air purifier. However, it is not what I got this time. After reading (a lot) of reviews and talking to other parrot owners on some forums, it appeared like the Austin Air might be something to consider. I've been meaning to get one for some time now, but didn't have the justification for purchasing it. But when the Boy volunteered to jointly get something for the birds, that is what I wanted. And it just so happened that one of the recommended sites for purchasing it in Canada was having a sale.

So here it is, my new Austin Air Allergy machine. Why the Allergy? We decided it was probably the best bang for our dollar without going overboard. Yes, it doesn't look as good as the Rabbit Air, but it's one mega power horse! It is recommended to start it on high for an hour when first plugging it in and...well you could feel the air being sucked in and pushed back out (the outburst of air was actually moving some things in the birdroom!)


What did the birds think of it? Well..so far they don't seem to be big fans of it, even Joey who normally relished to be in the way of air being blown out of something.

And while it's not as quiet as the Rabbit Air, it is fairly quiet on low, provides some type of white noise on medium and sounds downright powerful on high, it's not as loud as I thought it would be. Specially on low.

2 comments:

Saemma said...

Alright! So what does the poi and one lovebird flock think of the Austin Air now? Are they adapting? Do you notice less dust floating around in the environment too? You know I love my Austins!!

Natacha said...

Update