Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two week update

So Léa has been here for two weeks.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed week #2 more than week #1. She had got more comfortable around us and in her new environment, was eating more regularly and maintaining her weight (which alleviated a lot of stress on me) and was demanding more cuddle time whilst still enjoying entertaining herself most of the time. She's also pretty much stopped calling for us when we put her back in her cage.

The results of the tests done at the vet came back and I have a very healthy baby Cape.

While I'm still not going to introduce her to the other birds quite yet, I have started (once yesterday and once this morning) to bring her out for little excursions into the living room to get her used to that room. And I think it's a good thing that she gets comfortable before the others come out here with her as she was a bit puzzled by all the new playgyms. She seems to favour, at this point, the Java tree and seeing her trying to get around it is rather funny.

Here are some pictures from her first excursion into the living room. She seemed a bit confused by the atom but still walked around it and she seemed to enjoy that big toy - but how could she resist all that wood?







3 comments:

suchjosh said...

Hey, I've just discovered your blog as I'm gathering info on the poi family. I'm wondering where you got the swing the Lea is on in the last pic of this post. I think my tiel would love it, as would my future poi, whenever that cones into fruition. Thanks!

suchjosh said...

Hello! I'm just discovering your blog as I gathering information on the poi family. I'm wondering where you got te swing that Lea is on in the last picture in this post. I think my tiel would love it, as would my future poi, whenever that comes into fruition. Thanks!

Natacha said...

That swing is from "Les Jouets Rosie"
- see my "Approved by the birds" sidebar for a link.