Saturday, September 3, 2011

One week later

Léa has been here for one week.

In some regards, it's hard to believe it's already been 7 days....

The whole experience has been very pleasant in the last 2-3 days. Not that it wasn't at first, but it was much more stressful on me.

But in the last few days, we've got into a rhythm and I think we've got to understand each other better. Her weight has been much more stable, which has helped me relax. I actually was weighing her 4-5 times a day to see a pattern happening. She's been VERY consistent since Thursday so it makes me happy. I've also got a bit better at reading her and she's obviously got more comfortable around us.

The best part is that her calling for us has diminished quite a bit - she might do a few calls back right after we put her in her cage, but after that, she's very VERY quiet. I sometimes go take a peek in the bedroom and I've been catching her either eating or her face buried in her toys.

She's adorable and I'm quickly becoming smitten with her, specially when she makes her little cooing noises! The next big step will be introducing her to the others, but that isn't for now.

 

No comments: