Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Parrots at the Stadtpark

Back in September I went to Germany for 10 days with my family.

On our last day there, we went to the town's Stadtpark and walked around. There were a few smaller parrots, mostly budgies, lovebirds and cockatiels and although I saw a mention of Quakers on one of the signs, I saw none. The birds were located in large aviaries, and had access to sheltered rooms on top of spots outside - and while we could see them when they were outside, we couldn't when they decided to go in their "inside rooms".

Got a few pictures, although not that many since we went mid-day and the lighting was harsh.









The little guy in the second picture was my favourite and I honestly could have spent the day going from cage to cage looking at all the birds.

No comments: