Monday, April 25, 2011

Homemade toys!

I took a page of Coco's book (from Coco's Flock) and did some homemade toys that look a lot like some she makes for her Cape parrot Lola.

The base is in the form of a rolling pin, which I got from Things for Wings.

On the strands of poly rope, I have some pieces of cottonwood, yucca, willow and balsa, all from Things for Wings as well.

On top of the pieces of wood, I also added some wood beads, some from Les Jouets Rosie, some from California Bird Nerds.

I made 5 of them, since I had 5 rolling pin bases, and I'm quite pleased with the result.





I do have to say that playing with that poly rope isn't exactly pleasing on the hands, but it was well worth the effort.

After the full size toys, I decided to make a few foot toys, using some paper cord that I had also purchased a while ago at Things for Wings.

2 comments:

Coco said...

I love them!!! Yay!!!

The poly rope is tough on the hands... that's why I've started using a lot of hemp rope too. Much easier to knot and knot and knot!

HungryBird said...

Nice toys! I'm sure they were more than happy to shred all your hard work!