Friday, April 15, 2011

Petey attack

Today Petey took advantage of some general panic amongst the other birds (what it is was about I have no idea, they calmed down pretty early on) to launch an aerial attack on me. And because I heard a bird squeal to my right, I instinctively looked in that direction to see the cause of it, which meant I was a few seconds slow to raise up a pillow I have with me when I am at the computer to use as a shield on such occasions. And, according to the Boy, Petey was actually prepared for this reaction, slow or otherwise, as he was hovering above my head and went a bit higher as I raised the pillow as to avoid landing on it and probably to attack otherwise. All I know is that he landed on my head so down came the pillow to prevent him going to my face. I eventually got him off, without a bite I might add, and he huffed and puffed on his way to his cage.

While I do like that he has the freedom of flight and he does seem to enjoy it quite a bit, when the end result is this, I have to admit it is tempting to cut a few, at least to prevent him getting so much height at first. But, in the end, I can't bring myself to do it.

No comments: