Thursday, January 20, 2011

A first "Hi!"

I meant to name this post only "Hi!" - but them I realized I already had such a post this month.

But since this a case of a first, why not bring that into play?

I was doing the birds water dishes tonight. Pixel's cage happens to be the closest to the door and as I am trying to get to her bowl from the outside (side door), she jumps on my shoulder. Fine, why not bring her into the bathroom (closest sink) as I empty, clean and fill the bowls with new water? She was all excited to be in a new room, so much so that for the first time, she utters a nice clear "Hi!".

Of course, being all happy about it, I try to get her to repeat it, saying a few "Hi!" myself. But no such luck. It was once and that is it.

Hopefully she'll keep saying it occasionally.

No comments: