Monday, October 8, 2012

Homemade toys

On Saturday night, I had the Boy bring in my bins of supplies to make toys. I initially set out to make a few foot toys, as my stash of those was dangerously low. But as I got in a creative mood, I felt like taking on a bigger challenge.

So I made a hanging toy for Léa, as it contains a lot of harder pieces.



While I was quite proud of it and thought it would entertain Léa for a little while, I felt the need to make one more substantial...and this second attempt took me a few days to finish, as my fingers were getting raw by using paper rope and making knots.


"Front" side


"Back" side

The pictures don't really show how much of a large toy the second one is - and I'm quite proud of the finished product! It's also quite heavy!

I just put the smaller model in Léa's cage and she was quite intrigued by it and went straight for it! I also showed her the second toy, holding it in front of her out of her cage and I don't think her eyes could have gone any bigger - she wanted to chew on it right away, but that will have to wait until she's done with the first one.

And I can only imagine it'll take her far less time to destroy it than it took me to put it together...

No comments: