Thursday, December 8, 2011

My welcome home

It was a bit chaotic in the birdroom, as it always is, when I go home. It seems everyone wants to be greeted, everyone is making some sort of noise or has some type of body language going on.

I started with greeting Shade, the calmest of the bunch. Actually took her out for a quick head scratch and put her back in without a problem.

Greeted Zuri second, bobbed my head like he likes to do it and I got a bob back.

As I was moving to Piper's cage to say hi to him, Pixel started to rattle on of her Grey Feather Toys toy to make sure I understood that she was next. Still said hi to Piper, gave him a quick head scratch through the cage bars.

Move onto Pixel, who was quite happy to finally have her moment of attention. Tried to get her to say Peek-a-boo, as she normally does so when we do our greeting, but not tonight.

Go say hi to Joey, and notice that his water is nearly red - it seems one of his toys got a bath today..at this time Léa decides to say, for the first time, a very clear "Allo" (hello in French). While I'm impressed, I just turn to say hi back to her and proceed to sing a song to Joey, his and mine's little ritual (and he was waiting for it!).

Next is Petey - say hi to him, he doesn't seem to really care (as I'm not the Boy) so I move to say hi to Léa again and she goes crazy and beeps a lot.

Get out of the room to prepare for them coming out and they all start "talking" at the same time.

Yet, once out, they are all very very quiet!

No comments: