Tuesday, September 11, 2012

254:365 - Take off! (A flight shot)



I took this late last night and while I'm a fan of taking pictures in the orange room in the day time since I don't need to use flash and I find things look great, I'm not when I do need to use the flash since I think it doesn't work as well, the orange backdrop isn't as nice.

Taking pictures of Léa in the green room is challenging as she moves all over the place - and I wasn't up to dealing with that yesterday.

I was contemplating bringing her downstairs for her picture when it hit me - why not put her on the banister and take pictures of her in the upstairs hallway?

For a while she posed nicely and I do have a few pictures of her like that to share later. It became apparent that she had enough of it when she started flying back and forth to me. Being an opportunistic, I thought I might try to use that to my advantage for one picture..so back on the banister she went, and I was set to take one last picture, of her flying to me.

I think she figured it out - and probably because I wanted her to fly, she didn't, at least not right away. I needed to coax her for a few minutes before she finally took off. I didn't mind this since it allowed me to really have my camera settings right. I figured I needed to take the picture right at take off, otherwise I'd end up with a out of focus portrait of Léa and I really only wanted to give this one try.

I couldn't be more happy with the end result!

No comments: