Sunday, September 16, 2012

Patches of yellow

I recently gave Zuri a little help preening his head and I noticed quite a few new yellow feathers growing at the edge of his yellow patch, suggesting that it'll keep on expanding.

He turned 5 last May and I find it fascinating that his colours keep changing that way. All of the other birds, safe for young Léa, seem to have been fairly "stable" on that front for some time. Of course, there are the additional single orange feathers that appear once in a while on Joey's head, but those don't quite compare to the yellow feathers that keeps appearing all over Zuri - I think even the yellow spots on his wings keep expanding!

I do wonder if Léa will be the same, if the coral on her head and wings will keep on growing, even once she's past 5 years of age.

No comments: