Friday, September 28, 2012

What the vet said...

Since I'm in the vein of trusting birds lately, I'll add a quick note about Léa's recent visit to the vet. It was actually something I meant to share before, but life got in the way and then I forgot.

Léa was there for an annual check up and I wanted the vet to give a particular care to her eyes since the outer rings was starting to change colour and since I've never really heard of Capes eyes changing in colour, I was a little concerned. As the vet brought her hands closer to her head, Léa would only blink at the last moment before anything would touch her head and remained quite calm. But given that Léa had taken a flight when they let her out of the cage and navigated the room really well before settling on the Boy (the one person she really knew (he brought her in)), there was no concern that she was having any eyesight issues. In fact, after all of this the vet said she was very trusting of humans and that there was no real need to be concerned about her eyes.

2 comments:

Fernand said...

All poicephalus eyes change color as they grow up. Capes are no exception. The change won't be as drastic as a senegal's change can be but it is still there.

Natacha said...

They are changing from dark brown to a lighter grey.