Saturday, September 29, 2012

I won a contest!

Avian Avenue has monthly contests being hosted by different vendors and these vendors offer up prizes.

In July, a contest which had the theme "Picture Perfect" started and the prize was a painting of the winning picture by Ashley Dietrich Art and Design (she has two Etsy stores, I'm linking to the bird related one as it's more fitting to this whole thing).

I entered this picture of Léa.



As some of my regular readers might know, I am slowly having portraits of my birds made by a local artist; these portraits are all 16" x 16". I figured submitting a baby portrait of Léa in the contest was the best thing as I really wanted a portrait of her as an adult done as the others and this way, if I won, I could have a portrait of her as both a baby and an adult.

Now, as the title of this post suggests, I did win first prize in the contest, which actually surprised me because until that last round (there were 3 voting rounds), I wasn't in the first few contenders.

I had the option of a $50 credit towards a custom painting of my picture or an existing piece of art in the store. Obviously I went with the custom painting and let Ashley chose what size she thought would work best (between 8" x 8", 8" x 10" or 6" x 12"). She went with the latter. I received my painting sometime last week but didn't have time to take a picture of it until today.

Here it is -



I am very happy with how it turned out. Thank you Ashley!

No comments: