Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pixel turns 8 today!



I actually had to triple verify her age before I posted because I had such a hard time believing she was already 8. And I guess it won't get any easier from here!

This post really isn't easy for me - while I know Pois are known to have a 30 year lifespan in captivity, and, if she lives up to it, hasn't even covered a third of it, it's hard to think she already done so much of it, and only 2 of those years have been with me - and this is making me choke up inside.

Imagine how hard I'll have it when 2 of the other birds will be turning 8 next year..yikes!



This should be a happy post, it's her "hatch day" after all. But I've heard of so many birds passing away last week and that always brings back the reality that they won't live forever and that I'm so not prepared to losing one of them - and them getting older just doesn't help the feeling.

So I'll give Pixel extra cuddles today, because it's "her" day, and because I can. I'll focus on her funny Red belly antics and enjoy her while she's here. Because even though she's getting a year older, she's still acts "like a kid". And I'll also rejoice that I've been blessed with having the opportunity to having her be part my flock for two years already and that she should be here for many more.

Happy hatchday Pixel!

1 comment:

Fernand said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuu :)