Thursday, September 20, 2012

Oh those nails!

My hands are all scratched up and there is only one culprit.

Léa.

She gets crazy sharp nails really fast. I really need to get her to go on a pedicure perch - I once put one in her cage and she went crazy; you would have thought that I unleashed something that was going to go after her...so out it came. I then put it in a cage I have in the orange room and sometimes, when she ends up in the cage for a 5 minute time out for being too crazy, she'll go and perch on it (as it happens to be the perch that is closest to where I sit in the room. I think it's time for that perch to go in her actual cage.

Because I can't stand these extremely sharp nails. (And I'm willing to bet she won't recognize it as the perch she's become perfectly fine with..in another cage.)

I've clipped them a few times in the past and it's always the same deal; big drama production at first and then she realized it's really not that bad and she behaves. But she can't skip the drama - that wouldn't be the Léa way of doing things.

Tomorrow she's going to the vet for a check-up. And guess what I just decided the vet will get to do?

Yes - those nails are being clipped tomorrow!

No comments: