Friday, June 8, 2012

160:365 - I'm a big boy!



The title?

Well what you don't see on the picture is that the perch on which Petey is standing on is actually on a scale. See, since the move I've been less than diligent about weighing the birds; for one, we didn't really have a dedicated spot for the scale for a while and the birds were not really willing to cooperate with the whole set-up in a new environment. So since the move and prior to tonight, I've weighed everyone 2-3 times max and didn't always manage to get everyone's weight..

I thought it was time to get back into the habit of doing it daily. So I set up the scale and perch somewhere I thought it would be out of the way and not around anything "new and scary" and proceeded to weigh them. Other than Piper who really didn't want to go on the perch and Léa who was very keen to go somewhere else and play, everyone did fairly well.

Petey did exceptionally well - so much that I decided to whip out my camera and take a few pictures since today was "his day". And trust me, I will be putting more from that photo shoot on the blog shortly; choosing one for the picture of the day was hard! I don't think he ever cooperated quite that well during a photo shoot!

But let's get back to the title.

Generally, Petey weighs 130g on average.

Tonight?

137g.

Yeah.

No comments: