Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Zuri turns 5 today!



I'll be honest, part of me really wishes he would have been out of the collar by now but it seems that we'll be celebrating his 5th hatchday this way.

But given his "situation", he's also getting much more one-on-one time and all the head scratches he would like so I guess there's a silver lining to the whole thing.

When I brought him home he wasn't even two years old yet. Funny to think that it's been over three years ago - it doesn't feel that way. He's gone from being a very shy and nervous bird to one who's quite assertive, independent, playful and, above all, smart. He figures things out FAST.

And given that there are only so many poses he can strike on his own in his attire, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to take new pictures of him and I - because regular Zuri wouldn't calmly sit for family pictures anymore (and I might as well enjoy it while I can!)


(notice his little injured foot coming up at the rim of the collar?)

No comments: