Saturday, November 17, 2012

They know

I have posted in the past how the birds, Shade in particular, seemed receptive to when I don't feel well and, on such occasions, are more cuddly and better behaved.

Yesterday, they showed that once more.

My grandmother passed away earlier in the day. Needless to say when I got home I was grief stricken, although I knew it was just a matter of time for it to happen. Generally the birds are crazy in the afternoon - yesterday, not so much. Not once did any of the Littles do anything that needed an intervention. Piper and Shade were on my shoulders, snuggling close, the Red-bellied parrots were standing on the computer desk, either preening or taking a nap, Zuri kept to himself on the atom and Petey kept quietly to the Boy's side.

I can't say how much I appreciated how calm they remained and their demeanour actually helped me calm down as well.

1 comment:

Sylvia S. said...

Natacha, so sorry to read of your grandmother's passing. This is always very difficult and yes,I find that birds, like most other animals we live with, will sense the grief we feel,and share their "condolences" in their own individual manner, as your birds have done with you.